Last updated: 01/09/2023
Entity Name: Explorer Technologies Pty Ltd
Business Name: XPL
ABN: 12 105 277 576
Compliance with Australian Law
We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs establish the way in which personal information must be managed. Further information on the APPs can be found on the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and Why Do We Collect It?
“Personal Information” refers to any data that identifies an individual, either directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include but are not limited to names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
We collect your Personal Information primarily to deliver our services and for communication and marketing purposes. Secondary uses of your Personal Information will be closely related to the primary purpose of collection and only in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use.
“Sensitive Information” is a sub-category of Personal Information that includes particulars such as your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, and health information. We only use Sensitive Information:
- For the primary purpose for which it was collected.
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose.
- With your explicit consent, or as required or permitted by law.
We generally collect information directly from you unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so. If we receive your Personal Information from a third party, we will take reasonable steps to notify you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- When you have consented to the disclosure.
- When disclosure is required or authorized by law.
Security of Personal Information
We employ reasonable security measures to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. When your information is no longer needed, we will either destroy it or permanently de-identify it. Records will generally be retained for a minimum of seven years.
Access and Correction of Personal Information
You may access or correct the Personal Information we hold about you by contacting us in writing. While you will not be charged for an access request, administrative fees may apply for the provision of copies.
Types of Cookies Used
We use different types of cookies, including:
- Essential Cookies: These are necessary for the website to function properly. They ensure basic functionalities and security features.
- Analytical Cookies: These cookies help us understand how our visitors interact with the website. They allow us to analyse user behaviour, enabling us to improve the website accordingly.
- Marketing Cookies: These cookies are used to tailor advertising messages based on your interests, both on this website and through other media channels.
The information collected through cookies is used for the following purposes:
- To improve and customise your browsing experience.
- To gather analytics and metrics to better understand our audience and improve the website’s performance.
- To deliver targeted advertising that is relevant to you, enhancing your online experience with XPL.
By clicking “Accept All” on the cookie consent banner, you consent to the use of ALL cookies. If you wish to block cookies or set controlled consents, you may do so by visiting your browser’s “Cookie Settings”. By clicking “Close” on the cookie consent banner, please note that this action will not change the standard cookie settings and cookies will continue to be used as described in this policy.
This Policy may be updated periodically, and any changes will be posted on our website.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +61 2 9357 2734